CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Childhood Memories

When I was a children, I love playing soccer a lot. I would always play with my elder brother or friends for almost everyday. At that time, my soccer skills was atrocious as compared to my friends but I not sure about now and I would always play with happiness no matter I lose or win. As long as I enjoyed the process, it is the greatest achivement to me.

But as I grow older, I was more greedy as I always hate to lose and always scared to admit defeat. When I was about 8 years old, I met up with some of my friends to play at the nearest soccer field to my house. In order not to lose, I tried very, very hard to get the ball and always run around and never think of the consequences. Until now, I can still vividly remember that my friend kicked a high ball and pass it to me. Not knowing that someone is coming to snatch my ball, I run towards the ball and kicked it. Never thought or imagine, my friend accidentally tripped and kicked my leg. At that time, I was in a very, very bad situation as I was in a very, very bad pain. I felt that it was very strange as I had kicked soccer for years already and that is the first time I felt the most painful in my life currently.

I lie on the ground for about 5 to 10 minutes before I caught the attention of my friend. My friend run towards me and asked what happened. I told them I was in a great pain and they wanted to lift me up but in vain as my foot was really very pain that I could not even stand. So, they went up to my house and told my mother what happened. My mother came and quickly called the ambulance. After that, I knew that I had broke one of the bone on my left leg. I was hospitalized for about 3 to 4 weeks. At that time, I felt very terrified as I thought that I could never play soccer again. It was when that I knew that soccer is one of the important things in my life.

When I was discharge from hospital, I had to rely on wheelchair and also had to go back to hospital for physicology for some times before I can rely on the clutches and go back to school . After that terrifying incident, I had learnt my lesson and not to play soccer with rough attitude. I learnt that safety is the most important as I knew that there were a lot of people who cares for me and I don't want them to disappoint them especially my parents. I also usually don't play soccer with some of the people as they are rough and I also found out that soccer is meaningful and also important in my life after that incident.

0 comments: